“We’ve heard too many stories of brilliant graduates freezing up in the interview spotlight and missing out on their dream opportunity. An interview is often a highly unnatural environment for people, so interview coaching is an invaluable part of the preparation process”, says Roisin. “There is a formula and once you’ve accessed that formula the rest is easy.”
Here are some tips to get your started:
1. Research the company – their history and growth, where their facilities are located, what their products and services are, their philosophy and culture. Let them know you have done your homework.
2. Be ready with situational examples to demonstrate your skills and experience, ensuring you explain how you approached tasks and resolved any issues. You may not have much work experience, so show how your skills were developed at uni or through volunteer work and hobbies. If something didn’t work well in the past make sure you explain what you learned from the experience.
3. Formulate insightful questions to ask the employer at the end of the interview. Ask about what matters to you, but also use this time to show your interest in the company. Check out this article in Forbes for some ideas! http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2014/06/18/10-job-interview-questions-you-should-ask/
4. Put some thought into what sets you apart from the rest and make sure you communicate that throughout the application and interview process. How are you unique? What did you do at uni that others didn’t/ couldn’t?
5. Remain calm and composed during the interview, being mindful of your body language and making sure you connect with the entire panel.
Blue Sky Careers has a flawless success rate preparing graduates for interview. Call Roisin today to book your coaching session and get the advantage you need to start your career with a bang.